Geronimo has already started making waves back in late 2004 and already eating Web sphere/Weblogic's breakfast.
Why Geronimo ?
- ASF 's (Apache Software Foundation) License is more lenient as compared LGPL (JBoss) or GPL.
- Solid stack of previously popular enterprise products, e.g.Tomcat, the best Servlet container ever written. The tiniest few Kilobytes kernel, JBoss's service driven kernel architecture.
- Full blown J2EE application server for enterprise wide service on open source platform.
- Huge community supporting Apache software Foundation products.
- Possible commercial support on service basis like JBoss.